The Housekeeper performs cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas. He/she obtains a list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs in order to prepare work assignments. This position must provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odours. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood or stool contamination. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
• High School Diploma preferred.
• Experience with housekeeping and/or nursing home work preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
• Ability to follow oral directions.
• Ability to cooperate with other employees.
• Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
• Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
• Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
• Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.