The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Line Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
• Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities.
• Canadian, or have legal permission to work in Canada (e.g. open work permit).
• Ability to lift up to 50lb.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Highly effective teamwork skills.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.